Monday, February 28, 2011

Modular Madness Crits

I don't really remember everything that was said. Really I just remember nervously babbling about my piece for about a minute before letting people tell me what they thought. Among those, I remember:

- "I like how it stands on little points instead of having a flat surface"
- "I'm always surprised when artists use geometry and calculations in their pieces because I'm terrible at that stuff"
- "Should have used lighting to create shadows since you have all of that negative space"
- "I would've liked to have seen the small part on the inside of the tower built up some more"

I really only remember that I was showered with praise, which I wasn't expecting since my piece was so much smaller than the others and less visually impressive, too. I may not remember everything that was said, but I'm pretty confident that nobody really gave any critique beyond the lighting bit. Oh well, I don't really care about sculpting anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment