Tuesday, February 22, 2011

TOOTHPIIIIIICKS

RESEARCH:

A toothpick is a small stick of wood, plastic, bamboo, metal, bone or other substance used to remove detritus from the teeth, usually after a meal. A toothpick usually has one or two sharp ends to insert between teeth. They can also be used for picking up small appetizers (like cheese cubes or olives) or as a cocktail stick.

Because toothpicks can be made of bone, thinking of making something using toothpicks made me think of making a skeletal structure, rather than something that has opaque sides. Like, it needs to be architectural. Perhaps, because they are toothpicks, they should be used to construct something food related? Or maybe teeth related? Actually, no, I think that I should go with something architectural, I think it would be less predictable than food or teeth.

I tried looking up lyrics involving toothpicks, but they're all nonsensical and irrelevant, or just have toothpick in the title without ever mentioning the toothpicks, so that's out. Anyway, let's hope I can make something worth looking at!

------

So: modular madness. Toothpicks. I think the sculpture currently is made of about 400 of em! Here are some pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment