Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project 1.1A Habit and Meaning Critique

So when we finished making all of our Gestalt dot images, we had to go around critiquing everyone else's work. There's really not much for me to say here.

My habits for making my Gestalt dot images were concluded to be as follows:
-Scale: All of my dots were either large or small, instead of being of varying sizes. I used a circle template for this, and staunchly refused to use a compass, so it's to be expected, but that doesn't make it okay.
-Spacing: The majority of my dots had the exact same amount of space in between them, instead of varying amounts of space, so the images looked similar to each other.
-Quantity: I almost always used six dots. That was because I felt it was a little difficult to portray the Gestalt principles with any lesser amount.
-Apparently my patterns were really "strong" and "bold", as my table described them. There was always a clear pattern, rather than dots being just whimsically placed, which makes sense.

There's nothing really new to add as far as images; see previous post for dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment