Thursday, April 14, 2011

Three possible images for the color project

Well, for our next project, we're doing a bunch of color pieces. We're using three different techniques using various colorful materials and we're applying them to boards of masonite (one is 6x6, the other two are 12x12). We're also making our own frames for them.

Here are the three images I'm considering.






The first one is one of my very favorite scenes from one of my favorite comics ever. The leftmost panel, in particular, is the one that I'd plan on doing. However, I don't think I'm going to end up using it, simply because it's such a detailed image, and it would be very difficult to recreate using the materials we're planning on using.


The second one is a joke I made for a friend, who's writing a comic called "The Yellow Dart", which also features a character named Hoodimin. The "Avatar: The Last Airbender" movie had just come out, and he was raging about how it's nothing like the source material, so I thought I'd do a fake poster type thing for a terrible movie version of his comic.

If I was to pick this image, I'd not add the text.


The third image is a less interesting image featuring... an octopus. Well, it might be less interesting for some, but I really like it a lot, because I like octopi, and I'm probably gonna go with this.

We'll see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment