Thursday, April 14, 2011

Inflatotopia

Well this is the exact thing that is the bane of my existence. Like I hate everything about this project idea. I DO NOT LIKE IT! It upsets me a little. The premise is "using what you've learned by making a plastic stuffed animal, create a GIANT INFLATABLE THAT CAN FIT 4 PEOPLE INSIDE OF IT! I'm assigning groups of 4 or 5, work together to create this". My thought process upon hearing this was "WHAT NO I'M AWFUL WITH PLASTIC DID YOU SEE MY PLASTIC ANIMAL AND NOW YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE ME DRAG DOWN 4 OTHER PEOPLE WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY NO". I mean sure it is an interesting project and I'd probably be a lot more excited about it if it were not for the fact that I was really bad at making something small out of plastic, so why should I be able to make something huge out of plastic?!

So anyway as I tore my hair out in frustration, Kathy went on to tell us to come up with an idea and make a proposal board and a model. I made my model out of garbage bags, note that the material responds to the product.



^
I really love that angle of it.

My camera loves flipping stuff sideways so I've decided that you, too, can learn the enjoyment of flipping your head turnways to look at this stuff. I'm in the mood to flip out, but not like this!

Anyway, my piece is called "Bug MOM". It's called that because it looks kinda buglike, and the way I drew it on the proposal board makes it look like it says "MOM" in the front view. I kinda like the idea, but the problem is that it would take quite a few fans putting out quite a lot of air to keep that many legs inflated in addition to keeping both parts of the main body inflated. Our area is shady, and grassy, and cool, and has trees, though, so I figured that putting something that looks like a lifeform in it is the natural thing to do. Our group's gonna vote on this stuff, so whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment