Thursday, April 14, 2011

Plastic Animal Abomination Extravaganza

So for this project, we were to first purchase a cuddly little stuffed animal... And then mutilate it.




Here's piggy with his stomach popped open.

And I MEAN mutilate. We all cut our animals open along the seams in order to separate each piece of fabric to see how the animal was constructed.

Here are a bunch of pictures of that process.












It really shocked me when I found out that its eyes were actually screws. It's really creepy.

So after we disassembled our stuffed animals, we moved onto the job of recreating them using plastic. We traced the pieces of the animal onto sheets of plastic to create a template, then cut the pieces out and ironed them together. And the end result... Frankly, it was terrifying and hideous and really pissed me off. Making it sucked, the end result sucked, the whole process sucked, it took forever, and I hate plastic.



^ God that's creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment