Friday, April 15, 2011

Performance Piece Summary and Crit

As per the norm, I'll start with the parameters of the project. We first generated a list of 50 words, then 10 words that could be associated with those words, and then using all of those associated words, come up with 5 performance pieces. Each performance piece idea can make use of 1 prop and can have up to 1 word (so not using a word is fine, too).

So my performance piece. Not much to say; I picked the word "faceplant". My prop was a simple folding chair. I confidently walked out into the midst of about 40 people, set the chair down in the middle of everyone, and walked around it a few times inspecting it, and then kind of checking to see how tall it was, and giving a couple little practice hops without trying to clear it. After a bit of this, I took a running start and leaped over it a couple times. Afterward, I started to walk off and promptly did a faceplant (intentionally). Then I yelled "DAMMIT" as I lay on the ground.

I don't really know what I was doing. I mean I guess maybe it was kind of entertaining? I got a decent grade on it. In the critique people were just saying that it was funny, and that it was ironic. Not much else to say about it.

Oh, also I was a helper in Janna's, which involved her slapping me in the face. When we were practicing, I really egged her on to hit me as hard as she could so it would look real. It felt pretty real, too! Everyone was really concerned about me, which I thought was hilarious seeing as how she was complaining about her hand hurting after she slapped me whereas I was completely fine. Ooh, the looks on everyone's faces as I went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment